Apple today updated its iMovie app designed for the Mac, adding several new features and design tweaks aimed at speeding up the video editing process.
Fast project creation allows editing to begin with a single click, while an easier to find “New Project” button has been added to the Projects browser. Larger product thumbnails, designed to bring the look of iMovie for Mac in line with the iOS version, have been added.
Clicking a video clip will now select the entire clip instead of a range, and there’s a keyboard shortcut that enables selecting a range within a clip. There’s also support for App Preview resolutions for the iPad Pro and the Apple TV, along with performance improvements. A full list of the changes is below:
– Easy to find New Project button in the Projects browser
– Larger project thumbnails that match the look of iMovie for iOS
– Fast project creation lets you begin editing with a single click
– Clicking a video clip selects the entire clip, instead of a range
– Keyboard shortcut to select range within a clip in the browser and timeline (hold down R key while dragging)
– Support for App Preview resolutions for iPad Pro price (1600 x 1200) and Apple TV (1920 x 1080)
– Improves stability