No surprise, but rumors are already swirling about the next installment of Apple’s iPhone series. Because Apple typically announces its new releases in September, we’ll have to wait a few months to know for sure, but here are all the things you might experts expect to see during the next iPhone release. We’re particularly excited about this first one.
- Better camera: In major news, the back camera pixels will reportedly improve from eight to 12 megapixels, according to Apple Insider. iPhones have had an eight-megapixel camera since the 4s came out in 2011.
- Rose-gold finishes: When TechEBlog shared images of what looks like a rose-gold iPhone 6S, we were pretty smitten. Since the company is unleashing a rose-gold Apple Watch, it makes sense that it would be an option for phones, too.
- Force-touch technology: As Apple rolls out its force-touch technology to the new MacBook and Apple Watch, industry folks expect it to make its way to the iPhone. The new feature, which recognizes differences in finger tap pressure, will likely be added to upcoming iPhone models.
- Three new iPhone 6 models: Apple’s next release may include three new takes on the iPhone we all know and love, according to Digitimes. Following in the footsteps of the iPhone 5, the company could be working on an iPhone 6S, 6C, and 6S Plus.
- An affordable, smaller iPhone: If the iPhone 6C rumors are true, the model will be a lot like the 5C in its plastic body and impressive processing power . . . but unlike its predecessor, the new phone would be smaller than its iPhone 6 counterpart. Unlike the 4.7-inch iPhone 6, the 6C (shown here) would measure in at only 4 inches.
Image Source: Gold Genie